Suki Cheema, one of DVF’s creative masterminds, has turned his inventive eye for pattern into a new home collection of hand crafted pillows, quilts, throws, napkins and tablecloths. The range is inspired by Cheema’s love affair between art, travel and textiles. With such strong geometric shapes and graphic designs, we are having a hard time picking our favorites!
Throw, Quilt, Dish Towel
Even though designer Serge Mouille started his career as a silversmith, he is best known for his mid-century modern lighting designs.
The simplicity of his minimalistic designs and his use of uniformly black painted metal materials make his lamps the perfect chameleons in any interior space.
This summer is flying by faster than green grass through a goose! Even though it has been a scorcher, I am loving every minute of it. Here are a few things that I can’t get enough of this season:
1. One Day by David Nicholls. This achingly beautiful book about friendship is so moving, I tore through it in two days!
2. NARS Funny Face Lip Pencil: This color just screams summer. Can’t stop wearing it with everything!
3. My Perez Prado station on Pandora. This spicy music is perfect for strolling the boiling streets of NYC.
4. Vionnet’s 2011 Resort Collection: Now, this collection won’t come out until January…but if I could have any dress to get me through this heat, this is what I would want to wear everyday!
5. The Spritz: Our summer drink! This fizzy cocktail, which is quite common in Northern Italy, makes the perfect apéritif, but it can be and is (admittedly) often drunk any time of day.
APEROL SPRITZ. 2 parts Aperol, 3 parts Prosecco, splash of soda or seltzer. Ice, half a slice of orange.
Warning: these puppies go down fast!
It’s hot in the city this weekend…again. Time to head to the beach for art! Artist Jim Denevan makes temporary drawings on sand that are eventually erased by waves and weather.